Hammered Metals: Geometric Fashion Jewelry
Each student will choose their own mini fashion jewelry projects based off of popular geometric jewelry. This class is a really fun exploratory class that will begin with demos of hammer textures, filing, and soldering. Students will then pick their projects and with teacher guidance, will leave with two-four finished pieces that they can keep for themselves or give as gifts.
Students will choose from:
- Large or small arc necklace
- Large or small chevron necklace
- Pull through hoop earrings
- Hoops on hooks earrings
- Stack rings
- Chevron rings
- Paddled necklace
- Mini Paddle necklaces
- Brass Cuff.
We will be working with fire in this class which will be super fun! We also must take precautions.
- Please make sure to wear closed toed shoes. We don't want anyone's toes to be burned if hot metal falls on the ground.
- If you have long hair please remember to bring a clip or a hair tie to tie your hair back. The instructor also has a stash of hair ties if you happen to forget.
Diana O'Connor has been a practicing metalsmith and jeweler for 7 years, she graduated from California College of the Arts in 2013 with a BFA in Jewelry/ Metal Arts. She has worked with multiple jewelers in the Bay Area to produce their jewelry lines and train their production assistants. She is also designing and creating her own handmade jewelry as a resident artist in the Rare Bird Makers' Studio.
Dates & Times
Sunday, June 25th, 11am-3pm
Also available as a Private Workshop for you & your friends!
please visit our policies & privacy page.
We Also Recommend