Sacred Tools : Herb Bundles & Feather Craft
For all of time people have burned various plant materials to cleanse, bless, and set the tone for sacred space and ceremony. Although the healing properties of each plant varies, the overall intention when we cleanse with herbs is to clear out negative energy and remove blockages from self or space.
In this workshop we will create two Earth-based ritual tools for use in your daily wellness practice. We will make one herbal smudge wand and bind wild feathers to create one beautiful smudging fan. All natural materials are local, sustainably sourced, and wildcrafted.
In class we will:
- Begin with a short smudging ritual.
- Connect with the plants and animal spirits of the materials we use.
- Learn about the various attributes of the plants.
- Discuss sustainable harvesting methods.
- Design one smudge bundle and one feather fan.
There is great power and healing potential in making your own sacred tools. Sacred tools are those objects, symbols, plants, and words that anyone might use when connecting in to a spiritual, religious, or mindfulness practice. When you take the time to create with nature and weave these tools into your daily life, you begin to make room for what’s sacred to you, and to develop an intentional practice of connection with yourself and the natural world.
- To book a date please email email@example.com.
- We require a 50% deposit to hold a date and confirm your event.
- Deposits are not refundable less than 20 days prior to the event.
- If you need to cancel an event we charge a 5% fee which is the merchant credit card fee we are charged at the time of purchase and again to process a refund.