Sew Lab for Beginner - Intermediate 15 Hour Class
Bring your own beginners-intermediate project of choice to this sew lab and create something in a fun and supportive environment. With the assistance of a knowledgeable instructor, you will be able to finish a successful sewing project. Learn how to read a pattern, care for your tools and practice sewing with an instructor who's tried everything and will help you succeed! Each session will include a lesson with tips and tricks plus time to tackle your project. You can also take this class as a single drop in to get some of those sewing roadblocks out of the way!
Sewing Machines Available!
- Pattern suitable for your skill level (see suggestions below)
- Pre-washed fabric: Stick with non-stretchy (no knits) cotton and linens for your first project.
- Notions required for your pattern (buttons, elastic, etc.)
- Your toolkit: fabric scissors, thread, pins, rulers, etc.
- Your sewing machine. It's always best to learn on your own machine. If you don't have one, no worries, we've got you covered!
Good pattern choices for this workshop:
- Tote bag
- Zéphyr Dress (also available at Stone Mountain & Daughter)
- Davie Dress
- Saltbox Top
- Easy-ish Blazer (Some experience required)
- For Men: Shawl-Collar Sweater
We recommend staying away from Tilly & the Buttons or Colette Patterns. They end up being incomplete and more difficult than they should be for a beginning pattern.
Beginner - Intermediate
Dates & Times
Wednesdays, July 12, 19, 26, August 2 and 9th, from 6-9pm
Sign up for one session at a time
please visit our policies & privacy page.
We Also Recommend