Sew Lab for Beginner - Intermediate 15 Hour Class
Bring your own beginners-intermediate project of choice to this sew lab and create something in a fun and supportive environment. With the assistance of a knowledgeable instructor, you will be able to finish a successful sewing project. Learn how to read a pattern, care for your tools and practice sewing with an instructor who's tried everything and will help you succeed! Each session will include a lesson with tips and tricks plus time to tackle your project. You can also take this class as a single drop in to get some of those sewing roadblocks out of the way!
- Pattern suitable for your skill level (see suggestions below)
- Pre-washed fabric: Stick with non-stretchy (no knits) cotton and linens for your first project.
- Notions required for your pattern (buttons, elastic, etc.)
- Your toolkit: fabric scissors, thread, pins, rulers, etc.
- Your sewing machine. It's always best to learn on your own machine. If you don't have one, contact us and we will be sure to have an extra one available.
Good pattern choices for this workshop:
- Tote bag
- Zéphyr Dress (also available at Stone Mountain & Daughter)
- Davie Dress
- Saltbox Top
- Easy-ish Blazer (Some experience required)
- For Men: Shawl-Collar Sweater
We recommend staying away from Tilly & the Buttons or Colette Patterns. They end up being incomplete and more difficult than they should be for a beginning pattern.
Beginner - Intermediate
Dates & Times
Tuesdays, June 6, 13, 20, 27, and July 11, from 6-9pm
please visit our policies & privacy page.
We Also Recommend