Sew Lab for Beginners
Bring your own beginners project of choice to this sew lab and create something in a fun and supportive environment. With the assistance of a knowledgable instructor you will be able to finish a successful sewing project. Learn how to read a pattern, care for your tools and practice sewing with an instructor who's tried everything and will help you succeed! Each session will include a lesson with tips and tricks plus time to tackle your project. You can also take this class as a single drop in to get some of those sewing road blocks out of the way!
- Pattern suitable for your skill level (see suggestions below)
- Pre-washed fabric: Stick with non stretchy (no knits) cottons and linens for your first project.
- Notions required for your pattern (buttons, elastic, etc.)
- Your tool kit: fabric scissors, thread, pins, rulers, etc.
- Your sewing machine. It's always best to learn on your own machine. If you don't have one, contact us and we will be sure to have an extra one available.
Good pattern choices for this workshop:
- Tote bag
- Zéphyr Dress (also available at Stone Mountain & Daughter)
- Davie Dress
- Saltbox Top
- Easy-ish Blazer (Some experience required)
- For Men: Shawl-Collar Sweater
We recommend staying away from Tilly & the Buttons or Colette Patterns. They end up being incomplete and more difficult then they should be for a beginning pattern.
Dates & Times
Tuesdays, March 14th, 21st, and 28th from 6-9pm
please visit our policies & privacy page.
We Also Recommend